Blake Tims, LMFT-T, MMFC
Blake Tims received a Master of Arts degree in Marriage and Family Counseling from The University of Mobile and a Bachelor of Arts in Human Services, concentrating in Health Science, Psychology & Sociology from The University of South Alabama. Blake also completed an additional master’s degree in theological studies from Vanderbilt University. Blake has extensive experience working with psychiatric crisis, self-harm, suicide, behavioral issues, spirituality, sexuality, Christianity, depression, anxiety, college/career development, family systems/dynamics and much more. Blake has worked with multiple diverse groups and enjoys working with all ages.
Blake has experience helping children and adolescents overcome difficulties such as behavioral issues, suicidal ideation, self-harm, depression, anxiety, bullying, identity issues, and spirituality issues. Blake also has experience working with co-occurring disorders such as substance abuse, anxiety, shame/guilt, and depression in both adolescents and adults.
Blake completed a Graduate Certificate in Autism Studies/Autism Spectrum Disorder from The University of Memphis. Blake enjoys working with people who have both a diagnosis of ASD/Autism and co-ocurring issues like anxiety, depression, ADHD, and Suicidal Ideation/Self-Harm. He takes a strengths-based approach, helping people with Autism learn to view their diagnosis as a strength rather than a limitation through education, acceptance, and improvement of social and communication skills. Blake is currently working towards a Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy, with concentration on Systemic Studies, from The University of Louisiana Monroe (ULM).
Blake is currently offering online therapy or teletherapy to help make psychology accessible to as many people as possible during the Covid-19 crisis. Online counseling is easy to access and just as effective as in-person therapy.
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Counseling from The University of Mobile
- Master of Theological Studies from Vanderbilt University
- Bachelor of Arts in Human Services, concentrating in health science, sociology and psychology from The University of South Alabama
- Licensed Marital and Family Therapist Associate (LMFT-T) in Tennessee, License number 1472.
- Certificate of Achievement from the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (TDMHSAS) and the Tennessee Suicide Prevention Network in ‘Suicide Prevention Training: A Clinical Focus’
- Certification of Designation as a Mandatory Pre-Screening Agent by the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services. Expiration 06/30/2020
Graduate Certificate in Autism Studies/Autism Spectrum Disorder from The University of Memphis.
- Current Marriage and Family Therapy Doctoral (Ph.D.) Student at The University of Louisiana Monroe (ULM)
• All things Nashville sports: Preds games, Vandy football and basketball games, Nashville Sounds games, Nashville SC games, and Titans games.
• I also am always in search of the best live-non-touristy music in Nashville
• Playing basketball
• Reading random sports facts
• Searching for the best view of Nashville's skyline
• Researching mental health/theology and mental health/athletics.
• Forrest Gump
• Christmas Vacation
• The Blindside
• We are Marshall
• And any documentary about mental health, sports, or the combination of the two
• For King and Country
• George Jones
• Alan Jackson
• Eric Church
• Chris Stapleton
• And any other 90's country!